Royal Australian Historical Society Green Plaque 16. The Observatory
Commemorative plaque that was installed on the observatory as part of the Sydney Green Plaques Bicentennial project in 1985. The text on the plaque read 'This building, begun in 1857, was used by the Government Astronomer until 1982. The observatory played a major part in both astronomical and meteorological studies in Australia.'