Royal Australian Historical Society Green Plaque 19. Redfern Mortuary Terminal
Commemorative plaque that was installed on the site of the Redfern Mortuary Terminal as part of the Sydney Green Plaques project. The text on the plaque read 'A funeral train service ran from Sydney to the Necropolis (Rookwood Cemetery) from 1867 until 1948. This station and a similar "receiving house" at the cemetery were completed in 1869.'