Royal Australian Historical Society Green Plaque 1. Campbell's Bank
Commemorative plaque that was installed on the site of the NSW Savings Bank, colloquially known as Campbell's Bank, in Circular Quay on 15 July 1984. It was the first in what would become a series of plaques installed over the next four years as part of the Sydney Green Plaques Bicentennial project. The text on the plaque read 'The first savings bank in Sydney, the New South Wales Saving Bank, was known as 'Campbell's Bank' was opened near this site on 17 July 1819. This marked the beginning of the State Bank of New South Wales'.