Royal Australian Historical Society Green Plaque 41. Lord Nelson Hotel
Commemorative plaque that was installed on the site of the Lord Nelson Hotel between 1984 and 1988 as part of the Sydney Green Plaques Bicentennial project. The text on the plaque read: 'This hotel was first licensed in 1841 when its landlord was William Wells, a former convict. It is believed to be the oldest existing hotel building in Sydney.'