Royal Australian Historical Society Green Plaque 43. Customs House
Commemorative plaque that was installed on Customs House at Circular Quay between 1984 and 1988 as part of the Sydney Green Plaques Bicentennial project. The text on the plaque read: 'Customs House. The first Collector of Customs was appointed in 1827 and the Department has occupied this site since 1845. After Federation the collection of customs duties passed from State to Federal control.'