Royal Australian Historical Society Green Plaque 82. Mitchell Wing

Commemorative plaque that was installed on the site of the Mitchell wing of the State Library between 1984 and 1988 as part of the Sydney Green Plaques Bicentennial project. The text on the plaque, which is on a stone balustrade facing Shakespeare Place to the west of the entrance steps to the Mitchell wing, read 'This wing of the State Library of New South Wales, opened in 1910, houses the priceless Australian and Pacific collection bequeathed to the people of this State by David Scott Mitchell.'

Name
Commemorates
Commemorates
Position
Property
Part of
Type