Royal Australian Historical Society Green Plaque 84. The Macquarie Wall
Commemorative plaque that was installed between 1984 and 1988 as part of the Sydney Green Plaques Bicentennial project.on the site of the Macquarie Wall in the Royal Botanic Gardens. The text on the plaque read: 'The Macquarie Wall. In 1810, at the instigation of Governor Macquarie, work began on a wall 950 feet long to separate the government domain from the town. Only this small portion of that wall now remains.'