Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser

First newspaper published in Sydney, from 5 March 1803 until 20 October 1842. 

Originally printed in a lean-to shed at the back of Government House, the newspaper moved to different premises in Macquarie Place in 1808 and then to a building on lower George Street in December 1810. In 1824 the printery moved again to a larger two storey building further south on George Street on the corner of Charlotte Place. 

Milestone
Created
05 Mar 1803
Dissolved
20 Oct 1842
Name
Alternate
The Sydney Gazette
Position
1803 - 1821
1829 - 1832
Property
Occupied
1810 - 1824
Type