436-450 George Street

Department store built on the corner of Market and George streets which once contained an art gallery, roof garden and restaurant. Its changes of name reflect the importance of the site to the retail history of the city although on several occasions the name of the previous owners was retained for commercial purposes.

Milestone
Constructed
1929 - 1930
Name
Alternate
Farmers George Street
1929 - 1976
Alternate
Myers George Street
1976 - Apr 1983
Alternate
Grace Bros George Street
Apr 1983 - 2004
Alternate
Myers George Street
2004 -
Position
1929 - 1930
Property
Occupied by
1883 - 2004
Occupied by
1929 - 1958
Occupied by
1929 - 1960
Occupied by
2004 -
Type