Alexandria Town Hall

Two storey brick building built for the new municipality after rapid growth in the area from the 1860s. It was used for a Public School in the 1880s and 1890s and in 1919 it fulfilled the functions of a temporary hospital, soup kitchen and general haven during the great influenza epidemic which swept the world.

Milestone
Constructed
1881
Modified
1928
Position
1881
1928
Type