The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Alhambra Music Hall
Originally built as a bazaar or auction room on the corner of George and Campbell streets in Haymarket, it was converted to a concert hall. Seating up to 800 it was Sydney's first true music hall. After it closed it operated as a market or store until 1908 when it was revived again until 1914. It was briefly used as a cinema and then a store room by Mick Simmons before it was finally demolished.