The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
A large house with outbuildings, stables etc. built in the early 1830s on the Cooks River Road near Newtown by Alexander Brodie Spark, and then owned by businessman John Lord. Most of its grounds were subdivided into building allotments in the early 1840s and the house was renamed Holmwood in the 1850s. The building had been demolished by 1893.