Bidura

Two storey Victorian house with a former ballroom and large formal garden which was once one among many grand estates along Glebe Point road. From the 1920s the house was used as a girls' home and children's court whilst a remand centre was constructed at the rear in 1980 to facilitate the operation of Bidura Children's Court. It was sold for residential development in 2014.

Milestone
Constructed
1857 - 1862
Name
Alternate
Madwia
1873 - 1876
Alternate
Bedura
1877 - 1879
Position
1857 - 1862
1937 - 1940
Property
Owned by
1857 - 1870
Owned by
1870 - 1879
Owned by
1879 - 1905
Owned by
1920 - 1977
Occupied by
1920 - 1977
Type

Bidura

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2015

As the primary hub for child welfare in Sydney, Bidura is a place shared by members of the Stolen Generations and Forgotten Australians and is remembered by them with little fondness.