Blenheim House Randwick

The sandstone and cedar two storey house was built by Simeon Pearce on 1.6 hectares of land overlooking what is today Randwick Racecourse. The first Anglican church service was held at Blenheim House during Pearce's residency and it was also allegedly the site for the last foxhunt in Sydney. It was purchased by Randwick Council in 1984 and in 1989, a 'Friends of Blenheim House' group formed to help aid its restoration. The group leased the building from the council for 25 years in 1993.

Milestone
Constructed
1848
Property
Owned by
1848 - 1886
Owned by
1984 -
Type