Named after the French department store, the retail emporium built in 1909 for Marcus Clark & Co was on the site of an earlier Marcus Clark store at the corner of Harris Street and Broadway. In 1959 the building was sold to the NSW Department of Technical Education and forms part of the University of Technology's Broadway campus, occupied by the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.

Milestone
Constructed
1909
Name
Alternate
1-7 Broadway Haymarket
Position
1909
Property
Part of
Occupied by
1909 - 1961
Occupied by
2000 -
Type