Byron Lodge

Single storey stone house in Randwick on the corner of Belmore Road and Avoca Street that was built for musician Isaac Nathan in 1853 and named for his English friend and collaborator, Lord Byron. The house was demolished in 1912 after the death of then owner John Robertson and the estate was subdivided. By 1911, a different house in Byron Street, Coogee, built in the 1870s, had also been named Byron Lodge.

Milestone
Constructed
1853
Demolished
Sep 1912
Property
Occupied by
Type