Canonbury

Grand mansion built in the Gothic style for Harry Rickards in 1904 which incorporated some of the 1840s cottage Lansdowne which had originally occupied the site on the tip of Darling Point. Later used as a hospital it was demolished in 1983 and the site became McKell Park.

Milestone
Constructed
1904
Demolished
1983
Property
Owned by
1904 - 1911
Owned by
1911 - 1922
Occupied by
1947 - 1983
Type