Barracks on Pitt Street, running along what is close to contemporary Eddy Avenue, comprising several buildings built to house convict gangs working as carters on the brick fields. It was also used as a boys' barracks and, from 1835 to 1843, as a debtors' prison. Part of the complex was later used as a training facility for women, part of the women's refuge run by Sisters of the Good Shepherd. Another building was used as the Police Barracks. The buildings were demolished by 1901 to make way for Central Railway Station.