Central Police Station and Court House
Police station and courthouse on the corner of Druitt and George Street that occupied part of the old Central Markets from the early 1830s, including the domed Market House that had been built in 1820. The markets were removed to the rear of the building. Never entirely satisfactory as a police station and court, by 1880 the building was becoming derelict and was eventually demolished in 1889 along with the rest of the markets. The site is now occupied by the Queen Victoria Building.