Office complex with street level retail premises which was constructed for City Bank after fire destroyed their main branch on the corner of Pitt and Moore Streets (Martin Place) in 1889. A facade of Pyrmont stone in Italian Renaissance style with several sculptures over the entrance presented an elegant frontage to Pitt Street whilst inside could be found the latest electric lighting and hydraulic lifts. The building facade now forms an entry to Skygarden.

Name
Alternate
City House
Position
1893
Property
Occupied by
1893 - 1916
Occupied by
1938 - 1990
Type