Cleveland House

Two storey stucco gentleman's residence, built in brick on stone foundations. Of colonial Georgian style, its design is attributed to Francis Greenway. It was later used as a school, laundry, boarding house and government offices, and as a convent and hospital. It remains significant as one of the oldest houses in Sydney.

Milestone
Constructed
1823 - 1824
Name
Alternate
Buckingham Street Women's Refuge
1903 - 1936
Position
Property
Owned by
1823 - 1853
Occupied by
1903 - 1936
Type