Cliffbrook Coogee site
Mansion in Coogee famed for its location on the original estate of John Thompson, Mayor of Randwick. The original mansion on Thompson's estate is believed to have been built during the 1860s. In 1881 the estate was subdivided in seven sections and the main mansion was sold in 1887. However, after Denison Miller occupied the mansion rent free from 1905, he purchased the entire estate for 8,000 pounds in 1911 and demolished the original stone buildings. In 1921, he then built the Federation, Free Classical style mansion. It was eventually sold to the federal government and used as a school of tropical medicine by the Army Reserve during World War II. It was demolished in 1976 to make way for housing development.