Coach and Horses Hotel Randwick
One of Randwick's first hotels, it was initially run by John Grice as a general store and had surrounding pleasure gardens. He operated the area's first Randwick-Sydney horse omnibus from 8 March 1859 and first mail service in 1859-64. The name was then changed to Coach and Horses Hotel. The gardens 'gained a high reputation in the turf circles of the Australian colonies, for the convenience and superior accommodation afforded to horses' and their trainers. From 1870, the hotel provided 17 boxes for the reception of racehorses and its pleasure gardens contained a bowling green, menagerie, swinging boats, skittle alleys, quoit grounds, croquet lawns and a dancing room. It has been extensively added to and continues to operate today.