Commercial Banking Company Building

Former bank offices in Commercial Palazzo style reflecting the return of building confidence in the 1920s. Originally part of the site of the first military barracks and parade ground, the premises were lavishly decorated with marble and wrought iron, being planned in stages to allow the bank to keep operating on the site as they had done since the 1850s. It is now occupied by a variety of retail and business tenants.

Milestone
Constructed
1925
Name
Alternate
Barrack House
Alternate
National Australia Bank
Position
1925
Property
Occupied by
1925 - 1982
Occupied by
1982 - 2008
Type