Corn Exchange

Earliest remaining market building in Sydney and was extensively restored and reconstructed in the early 1990s. For its first four years it was operated as a fruit market before it was converted into offices with posted street-level awnings. It became known as the Corn Exchange from 1900 during a private attempt to establish the city's grain market in the building. Commercial tenants inhabited its upper levels from 1917.

Milestone
Constructed
1887
Modified
1991
Position
1887
Property
Occupied by
1967 - 1987
Type