Coroners court and morgue building at 102-104 George Street in The Rocks. The second permanent coroner’s court and morgue in Sydney, it was located on the site of the earlier North Sydney Morgue, or Dead House. The building opened in 1908 sported all the modern conveniences of the time, including separate waiting rooms for male and female coronial witnesses and a glass-walled room for viewing bodies. Renovations in the late 1940s and 1950s included the first refrigerated room for cadaver storage in Sydney. This building was utilised until the late 1960s. The morgue was demolished between 1971-1972 but the court building remained standing and was repurposed as The Rocks Visitors Centre in 1973.