Darlinghurst courthouse

Sandstone court complex in Darlinghurst Road opened in 1842 and still in legal use.

Milestone
Constructed
1837 - 1844
Position
1837 - 1842
1884 - 1888
Type

Darlinghurst courthouse

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2008

Darlinghurst Courthouse was an early purpose-built courthouse that inspired courthouse design throughout the colony for the rest of the nineteenth century. The building redefined the streetscape of Darlinghurst Hill, and played a large part in Sydney's legal history.