David Jones store Barrack Street

Drapers opened by David Jones on the corner of George and Barrack Streets at Wynyard in 1838. The original building was redeveloped in 1887 as the business David Jones & Co grew. Two new city stores were built in the 1920s and 1930s. The Barrack Street store closed in 1986.

Milestone
Opened
1838
Modified
1887
Modified
1906
Closed
1986
Name
Commemorated by
Property
Occupied by
1838 - 1986
Type