Department of Education building
Imposing Edwardian sandstone building at 35-39 Bridge Street in the city that operated as the headquarters of the New South Wales Department of Education from 1915 until 2016. Constructed on the site of an earlier sandstone cottage that had been in use by the department since the early 1880s. The building was constructed in two sections with several later additions. The southern section was occupied the Department of Agriculture until 1967. In 2016 the Department of Education office in the building was closed and staff were relocated.