Dunkirk Hotel

Three storey Federation hotel building on the corner of Harris Street and Pyrmont Bridge Road in Pyrmont which replaced an older building dating from at least 1876. It was one of 25 hotels which once existed on the peninsula to cater for the workers in the abattoir, quarries and woolstores, the backbones of the local economy. Originally known as the Butchers Arms Hotel, it was renamed in 1940 to commemorate the World War II Battle of Dunkirk in France earlier in 1940.

Milestone
Constructed
1914 - 1915
Name
Alternate
Butchers Arms Hotel
Alternate
Position
1914
Type