Female Orphan School, Parramatta

Three storey brick barracks in Parramatta that was built in the 1820s to house orphans after numbers increased beyond the capacity of the orphanage in the city. In use until the 1880s, the building was next psychiatric hospital for over a century before becoming part of the University of Western Sydney.

-33.8129615, 151.023748

Milestone
Constructed
1814 - 1818
Modified
1888 - 1890
Modified
1988 - 1991
Name
Alternate
Rydalmere Hospital for the Insane
Alternate
Rydalmere Mental Hospital
Alternate
Rydalmere Psychiatric Hospital
Property
Part of
Part of
Occupied by
1818 - 1886
Occupied by
1998 -
Type