First city railway terminal

Sydney's first railway terminal which was built on the site of the 'Cleveland Paddock' between Devonshire and Cleveland streets and operated between Sydney and Parramatta. It consisted of a single wooden platform covered by a corrugated iron shed, 100 feet long and 30 feet wide (approximately 30.5 by nine metres). It was commonly referred to as Redfern Station due to its proximity to the suburb.

Milestone
Constructed
Sep 1855
Opened
26 Sep 1855
Demolished
1874
Replaced by
1874
Name
Alternate
Redfern Station
Type