George Street General Post Office

Police office and customs house converted to post office use in 1830. It was given a portico façade in the late 1840s, in the Greek Temple style. By the 1860s it was too small and inefficient so was demolished in 1863 and plans were made for the present building on the site.

Milestone
Demolished
1863
Property
Superseded by
Type