Glebe Fire Station

Federation Arts and Crafts style building of two storeys which reflected the growth of government services in the early 20th century.

Milestone
Constructed
1905
Opened
13 Jun 1906
Position
1905
Property
Occupied by
1908 -
Type

Glebe Fire Brigade

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2015

The Glebe Fire Brigade began with volunteers in 1875 and became a permanent, professional brigade in 1911. Voluntarism was revived during World War II with the advent of the Women's Fire Auxiliary. Now part of the professional New South Wales Fire Brigade, the St Johns Road Fire Station still serves its community.