Glenrock

Grand gentleman's residence at Edgecliff. The house was eventually demolished and rebuilt in the 1870s. The second house of the same name was built on the site by merchant John Marks in the 1870s.

Milestone
Constructed
1835
Demolished
1870 - 1879
Property
Part of
1835 - 1859
Owned by
1835 - 1842
Occupied by
1842 - 1847
Occupied by
1850 - 1859
Occupied by
1909
Type

Glenrock

,
2016

Glenrock, the home of the Smith and Whistler Smith families from the 1840s, was replaced by a later building that is, along with Fiona, now part of Ascham.