Goldsbrough Mort Woolstore

Woolstores have occupied this site since the 1880s as the boom in wool exports began, using hydraulic goods and passenger lifts. When the original store, with its own railway siding, burnt down in 1935 it was quickly replaced in 1936 and it operated until the 1970s when brokers relocated to Yennora. In 1995 it reopened as residential apartments.

Milestone
Constructed
1886
Destroyed
1935
Constructed
1935
Modified
1995
Property
Occupied by
1886 - 1995
Type