Grace Building

Built as a retail and office space in retail Gothic style for Grace Brothers during the retail boom of the 1920s. It was believed the opening of the Harbour Bridge would cause more traffic in the area but this failed to happen. It was requisitioned by the Australian Government during World War II, used as a telephone exchange and a medical centre and now operates as an hotel.

Milestone
Constructed
1928 - 1930
Modified
1995 - 1997
Name
Alternate
Grace Hotel
1997 -
Position
1930
Property
Occupied by
1930 - 1942
Type