Hinchcliff Wool Stores

Two three storey gabled warehouses built to service the international wool trade of the late nineteenth century. Two loading bays and hoist pulley indicate how the bales were lifted manually to the upper storeys before shipment. In 1945 it became a Catholic refuge and since 1988 has been an office complex.

Milestone
Constructed
1860 - 1880
Type