The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Club building at 36-40 Chalmers Street, Surry Hills, that was purchased by the Sydney Journalists Club in 1956 and opened as their club in 1958. The club was the scene of controversy in the 1970s when women journalists launched a symbolic fight over gender equality, which included the right to order a beer at the bar. It was also a well known venue for live music in the 1980s. The venue closed in 1996 and the association was wound up in 1997. The building was demolished by its new owners and apartments were constructed on the site.