Judge's House Kent Street
Elegant home at 531 Kent Street that was built for surveyor William Harper in 1827. It is the only example of an 1820s Colonial Georgian single storey bungalow to survive in the city. It was leased to the judge James Dowling from 1828 until 1831. In 1879 the house was sold to the City Night Refuge and Soup Kitchen trustees, who had been leasing the property since 1868. In the 1970s some of the outbuildings were demolished and the house sold to commercial owners and converted for use as a restaurant.