The Dictionary of Sydney was archived in 2021.
Kings Head Tavern
Tavern which was situated just opposite Queen's Wharf Circular Quay on what was known as High Street, which later became George Street. William Chapman operated the tavern, and after his death, his wife Ann held the licence until about 1813. After a Samuel Fowler held a licence in 1817, the tavern seems to disappear from the records. A replica of the tavern was built as part of Old Sydney Town, a small open-air museum and theme park which operated from 1975 until 2003. The site now contains four buildings which were constructed in 1911-12 and are of State heritage significance.