Lincoln House

City building erected in 1924-25 for Bennett and Wood Ltd, manufacturers and importers of bicycles and motorbikes, at 280 Pitt Street, a site owned by the company since 1910. The building was purchased by the Sydney Mechanics School of Arts in 1996.

Milestone
Constructed
1925
Modified
1940 - 1941
Modified
1996
Name
Alternate
Lincoln Building
Alternate
Speedwell House
1926 - 1927
Position
1924
Property
Occupied
1925 -
Owned by
1996 -
Occupied by
2000 -
Type

Lincoln House

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2012

Built as a commercial building in the 1920s, Lincoln House has had a second life as the headquarters of the Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts.