Lyndhurst

House
1833 -

Garden mansion and estate which was subdivided from 1852 and became a theological college and Catholic school, along with many other uses. Almost derelict by 1972 it was saved from demolition for a proposed freeway by community action. It was restored by the Heritage Council and Historic Houses Trust and has since been sold to private owners for use as a home.

Milestone
Constructed
1833 - 1837
Name
Alternate
St James College and Seminary
1846 - 1849
Alternate
St Marys Benedictine Academy
1852 - 1877
Position
1833
1833 - 1846
Property
Owned by
1983 - 2005
Type