Marrickville Fire Station

Three-storey fire station built in the Federation Free Classical style on Marrickville Road. It cost 6,500 pounds to build and was one of the last fire stations designed for use by horse-drawn steam appliances. It included a motor turbine room, watch room, office, men's room, store rooms, billiard room, stables and fodder room. The separate building which was used to store petrol included Wunderlich ceilings and the buildings were fitted with 'electric light and gas'.

Milestone
Constructed
1913 - 1914
Position
1914
1914
Type