Mort's Wool Stores, Circular Quay

Large Italianate warehouse on the corner of Alfred and Young Streets at Circular Quay that was designed by Edmund Blacket in the 1860s for Mort & Co. The building was extended in the 1880s, and demolished in 1959 (by which time it was known as the Farmers and Graziers Building) to make way for the construction of the AMP Building.

Milestone
Replaced by
Constructed
1866 - 1867
Modified
1883 - 1887
Demolished
1958 - 1959
Name
Alternate
Farmers and Graziers Building
Alternate
Goldsborough Mort wool store
Commemorated by
1985
Position
1864 - 1867
Property
Owned by
Type