Two storey building opposite Hyde Park at 167 Liverpool Street and the corner of Nithdale Street. Built in 1873 as the home and a dance academy and ballroom of owner Frank Hillard Needs on the site of Figtree Cottage. Medical professionals also took rooms there in the 1890s. In 1903 it was purchased from the Needs family by the Sydney City Mission, who used the assembly rooms as their headquarters and continued to lease out other rooms. It was purchased from the Mission in 1913 by the developer of a picture theatre and sold again in 1922 before being demolished.