Odeon Theatre site Randwick

Built on the site of a Victorian mansion, tenders were accepted in 1919 and it opened as the Randwick Theatre in 1921 The entire proceeds of the opening night were donated to the Eastern Suburbs District Ambulance Service. Kismet Theatre sold the property after the company dissolved in 1946 and the cinema was taken over by Greater Union Theatres. It was closed in 1980 and then demolished.

Milestone
Constructed
1919 - 1921
Opened
21 Feb 1921
Closed
06 Jun 1980
Demolished
Jul 1980
Name
Alternate
Kismet Theatre Randwick
Alternate
Randwick Theatre
Property
Part of
Owned by
1921 - 1946
Type