Pyrmont Fire Station
Federation style, three-storey, red brick and sandstone fire station on Pyrmont Street, Pyrmont. It is a rare, intact example of the fire stations built in the metropolitan area during the first two decades of the operation of the Metropolitan Fire Brigade. Only Darlinghurst and Headquarters (on Castlereagh Street) are comparable. In 1945, it was one of the 23 stations closed during a cut back and it was used as a Board workshop. Restoration work amounting to $2.7 million commenced in September 2014.