Randwick Post and Telegraphic Centre site

Randwick's first post office was built on the corner of Short Street and Belmore Road. Before the post office was built, the first mail service had begun in 1859, when John Grice acted as postmaster from his store and inn, the Coach and Horses Hotel, on Avoca Street.

Milestone
Opened
1878
Closed
1898
Position
1878 - 12 May 1891
Type