Royal National Park railway station

Terminal station in the Royal National Park that opened on 9 March 1886 to provide access to a miltary training camp. The line and station was subsequently used by tourists and visitors to the park The platform is currently used as a tramway stop for the Sydney Tramway Museum.

Milestone
Opened
09 Mar 1886
Closed
1978
Opened
1979
Closed
09 Sep 1991
Name
Alternate
Loftus railway station
09 Mar 1886 - 01 May 1889
Alternate
National Park railway station
01 May 1889 - Jan 1890
Alternate
Loftus railway station
Jan 1890 - 01 Dec 1896
Alternate
National Park railway station
01 Dec 1896
Property
Part of
Type
1886 - 1991

The Royal National Park Line

CC BY-SA 2.0
,
2017

Originally built in 1886 for use by the military, the Royal National Park railway line initially linked Loftus Station on the Illawarra Line to an army training camp in Royal National Park. Tourists and visitors to the park were able to use it until 1991 when it closed. The line now forms part of the Sydney Tramway Museum.